Winners for the 2013-2014 Grant-In-Aid (GIA) Research Program have been announced. We received many exciting and innovative entries and were able to award a total of eight grants to support high school student research!
Congratulations for all of your great work! We at NJAS are excited to hear all about your research findings at the annual meeting on April 19th 2014!
- Tiffany Chen : High Tech High
- Tiffany Zhao : High Tech High
- Jenna DiRito & Serena Tharakan : Bergen County Academies (Medical Science Technology)
- Adi Melamed & Sara Zhou : Bergen County Academies (Medical Science Technology)
- Rachel Gleyzer : Bergen County Academies (Medical Science Technology)
- Eric Kim : Bergen County Academies (Medical Science Technology)
- Gillina Covillo : Morristown Science Academy
- Vivian Qiang : High Tech High
Grant-In-Aid (GIA) Research Program 2013-14: Thanks to everyone who entered this year!!
Through the cooperation of the New Jersey Academy of Science (NJAS), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and industrial and academic scientists, grants are awarded to New Jersey students in grades 9-12 who plan to complete a science (any discipline) or mathematics research project during the 2013-2014 school year. Awards, up to $150.00 each, are granted on a competitive basis and are to be used for the purchase of needed equipment and supplies for research projects carried out by an individual student OR by a team of students. Any New Jersey student in grades 9-12 may apply for a grant.
Call for Reviewers
The GIA program needs senior scientists each year who are willing to volunteer as reviewers to evaluate proposals. Please visit the Call for Reviewers page to sign up.